Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to Randy!

Today is my step-dad Randy's birthday, and he loves to fish!  In fact, he and my mom are in the Florida Keys right now and he's probably fishing on one of those deep sea fishing boats.  So, I thought this image of a fisherman (who actually caught a crab!) would make the perfect birthday card for him.

The image is by my blogland friend Marlene S. (aka Marlooney) who is a hoot and a half as we say here in Texas.  She's on hiatus from blogging and sharing her snarky comments with us, but if you like this image, then check out Squigglefly and Dude Time Doodles where you can still buy her digital images!
I can also check off another OWH Stars & Stamps sketch with this card.  This card is my take on sketch #17.  I made a wide card instead of a tall card, and my patterned papers at the bottom count as the bottom portion of the sketch.  See, you don't HAVE to follow a sketch right to the "T" - you are free to modify it a bit as long as you can still see the main elements.  So, go and give it a try.  You can find all of the Operation Write Home sketches HERE.

Challenges Entered:
Incy Wincy Designs 129 - Bold & Bright

Card Supplies:
image - Marlene S.
Copic markers - N1, C5, C7, C9, E00, E33, E35, R29, YR04
sentiment - Pebbles Inc. rub-on
patterned paper - Echo Park Splash collection
orange cardstock - Bazzill

1 comment:

  1. What a fun 'guy' card. I just love that image and the little fish DP. Great job!

    ReplyDelete