Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April's Stampin' Up Stamp Club Cards

Each month I've been posting the cards we make at our Stampin' Up Stamp Club with Christi Beck.  This month I finally learned how to use metal dies to emboss instead of just cut.  I've owned my Big Shot for a year now and have been cutting with metal dies and dry embossing with folders, but the idea of embossing with the metal dies just alluded me and I really hadn't had time to figure it out.  Well, my SU demonstrator Christi is so good about not only teaching us new techniques but providing the cheat sheets as well, so I'll be able to remember how to do it months from now at home!

The other card is a fun ice cream cone card.  It's already in the 90s here in Texas and it's only April - that scares me about what our summer may be like.  After last summer I didn't think it could possibly get any hotter, but now I think it could!  So, just looking at this card helps cool me off.  My Stickles smudged once during the class and I re-applied.  Then it smudged again before it dried - I don't think it was meant to be, so I'm just going with it!  LOL

Last night was my turn to be the Hostess for Stamp Club and reap the benefits and, boy, did I!  Thanks to my friends I invited who came and spent a bit of money and hopefully had a good time, too!



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to the workshop! I had great fun and learned new things like that embossing with the metal dies. So going to try that with my Big Shot and the cheat sheet is a great idea so a big thanks to Christi for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are adorable cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison, these are both great! The first one is beautiful--talk about CAS! Wow! Love the sweet ice cream cones too. Must be fun to be in a stamping club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Stunning ... as always... Love the image and coloured just perfect..Gorgeous papers!! LOve it.. Hugs sam x x x
    Membership Cards
    Plastic VIP Cards
    scratch cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fabulous creations. Love both design. How thoughtful that your demonstrator provides cheat sheets!

    ReplyDelete