Friday, August 3, 2012

SU Christmas in July - Day 1

This post is going to kick off a weekend of Stampin' Up Christmas in July cards!  On the very last day of July we got together to make a total of 10 cards in 3 different designs.  Today I am posting my heat embossed card - if you know me, then you know I *ONLY* heat emboss when my SU demonstrator Christi has it on a card.  I have to admit though that this time I was fascinated watching the embossing powder turn - it was like watching a wave come onshore!  As cool as it was, I still don't have the guts to try it on my own...maybe one day, Christi.

Everything on this card is SU except for the gold ribbon which came from my stash.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Allison! You can do it! It just takes a little practice! I made several Christmas cards last year using the wise men image from Stampin Up and I heat embossed with black on white paper. They looked incredible even if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Allison! I love heat embossing though I don't do it that often. I think it's the clean up issue. I've used it more since I bought some ziplock containers and plastic spoons. Now I just keep the embossing powder in a container with the spoon and hold my object I'm embossing over the container and then tape it back in. Less clean up and waste I've found. I don't know why but I seem to heat emboss more on Christmas cards. I look forward to seeing all your SU creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison, this is gorgeous!! I don't often use heat embossing, either, but this makes me want to try it again. SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete