Thursday, November 8, 2012

SU! Christmas Gifties

Sorry!  It has been a week since I posted anything on my blog.  I've been busy with family reunions, my daughter's school projects, working two jobs and preparing for a scrapbook retreat!

Last Friday I attended a Stocking Stuffers workshop with SU! demonstrator Christi Beck.  She had lots of fun little gift items to make that we could pick and choose from.  Here are the ones I made!


 This is a CD case you can buy from SU!  It's much easier than I thought it would be because there is a "sleeve" around the case, so you just decorate your paper (Be sure it's double-sided so the inside is decorated, too!) and slide it into the sleeve.  I also learned how to decorate the barrel of a pen to match. The notepad is what is inside the CD case.  I thought I could use this idea to make end-of-year teacher gifts when May rolls around.


I thought this reindeer treat bag topper was just darling!  All you need are some circle punches, the Top Note die (which I have) and a snowflake die (which I plan to buy because the big snowflake makes the perfect focal point for a card).  Easy peasy - just the way I like projects when I'm doing lots of them!

This is the project I plan to make for teachers and staff at my daughter's school this year.  There is a hot cocoa packet tucked into the pouch.  Again, it's very simple and involves just some simple scoring with the new scoring board that I bought from SU!  I can use scraps of Christmas paper (I have endless amounts!) and an appropriate stamp and circle punch although mine will be smaller probably.  I really wish SU! would sell this particular stamp set - it's a hostess set.  Cross your fingers for me - November is our last Stamp Club of 2012 and Christi will be drawing for a mystery hostess.  Maybe it will be me and I'll get to choose this stamp set!

3 comments:

  1. All three are adorable gift idea! I really like the CD notepad case and the hot chocolate packet. Good luck! Maybe you will be the mystery hostess!!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, these are great projects. I especially like the CD case idea. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl paper and notepad set!

    ReplyDelete